When an object is hidden in the editor there is no way to show the keyframes in the curve- oder timeline editor. If the editor visibility is keyed. It’s used for example if render-visibility is keyed and you need to keep track in the editor visually of what is currently visible and what isn’t.
- Have objects where you want to animate visibility but also keep track about it in the editor.
- as soon as an object’s visibility is set to disabled its keys also disappear in the timeline
- this means you have to temporary unhide it to make any edits
- if an invisibility in the editor keyframe hits in the timeline the keys also disappear immediately!!!
- this also means that you need to keep track of auto-keing as temporary unhiding to see the keyframes might trigger an unwanted visibility keyframe as well
Don’t know if this constitutes as a papercut since it may be tied to how Blender treats invisible objects but it would be really benefitial if there ws some way to show all keys from objects selected in the outliner, even if hidden or invisible.