Newboolean branch build stops with errors

As I attempted to compile the newboolean branch, I got 2 errors:

Building C object source/blender/blenlib/CMakeFiles/bf_blenlib.dir/intern/math_geom.c.o
/home/haig/blender-git/blender/source/blender/blenlib/intern/math_geom.c: In function ‘closest_to_plane3_normalized_v3_db’:
/home/haig/blender-git/blender/source/blender/blenlib/intern/math_geom.c:438:3: error: implicit declaration of function ‘BLI_ASSERT_UNIT_V3_DB’; did you mean ‘BLI_ASSERT_UNIT_V3’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  438 |   BLI_ASSERT_UNIT_V3_DB(plane);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |   BLI_ASSERT_UNIT_V3
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [source/blender/blenlib/CMakeFiles/bf_blenlib.dir/build.make:713: source/blender/blenlib/CMakeFiles/bf_blenlib.dir/intern/math_geom.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4907: source/blender/blenlib/CMakeFiles/bf_blenlib.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2

Feels like a code issue, but I had to make sure that it’s not a library or CMakeCache config issue on my end.

I’m building on the latest Arch. All libs local and accounted for (to build master, functions, and sculpt-mode-features, anyway).

Thoughts?

I forgot to define that macro in the NDEBUG case. Will commit a change now.

But there’s not much point in trying this code out yet. It is still in very early development and it doesn’t really do anything yet (some debug prints of computations partially on the way to a solution). I’ll announce when the branch is ready to test.

1 Like

Nonetheless, really looking forward to checking it out. Thanks, so much, for being on top of this little hiccup, Howard.

Happy hacking!