Need Help Changing my Usernam

Hi
How can we change our Gitea user name?

“Non-local users are not allowed to change their username. Please contact your site administrator for more details.”

mine is particularly stupid, i didn’t choose it, it was done automatically

1 Like

+1. It defaulted to my real name which I’d rather not. :slight_smile:

P.B.O gitea uses your blender ID username You can change your username at id.blender.org , but it wont update immediately I think that’s is being worked on at Blender gitea

for name use the profile settings to change your full name note how People without full names commits would appear

• If you commit a patch on behalf of someone else, there are two cases:
  • If the full name of the original author is known, you are committer, but the original author becomes author in git. Commit as git commit --author "Full Name <Nick>".
  • Otherwise, you remain author and committer in git. However, you have to add Contributed by @nick to the commit message. The pull request # should be mentioned anyway.
1 Like

Hey folks!

Just a little update. For a while now there has been a bridge between Blender ID and Gitea. Changing your nickname on Blender ID should (pretty much immediately) also change your username on Gitea.

Note that Gitea and Blender ID have different requirements for this name. For example, Blender ID accepts accented characters where Gitea does not. This means that your Gitea username may not be literally the same as your Blender ID nickname. The bridge between the applications will try its best to keep things as close as possible, though.

Cheers,
Sybren

PS: if things aren’t working, do not report this in this thread; it’ll just create noise for people who cannot do anything about it anyway. Just send me a message directly and I’ll look into it ASAP.

1 Like