Missing sqlite3 image in python

Hi there, I am getting an error when trying to import sqlite3 into blender. Not sure if this is intended or note, the env is MacOS 10.14.6, Blender 2.80 and 2.81.

Here is the output

Exception in module register(): /Users/jamescrowther/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/crowdrender_new/init.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/Blender_old/2.80/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py”, line 384, in enable
mod.register()
File “/Users/jamescrowther/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/crowdrender_new/init.py”, line 154, in register
from cress.logging import create_logger, l_sep
File “/Users/jamescrowther/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/crowdrender_new/lib/cress/init.py”, line 68, in
from . import client_interface
File “/Users/jamescrowther/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/crowdrender_new/lib/cress/client_interface.py”, line 15, in
from . import cress_utils, network_engine, config, render
File “/Users/jamescrowther/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/crowdrender_new/lib/cress/network_engine.py”, line 52, in
from .logging import l_sep
File “/Users/jamescrowther/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/crowdrender_new/lib/cress/logging.py”, line 48, in
from . import config
File “/Users/jamescrowther/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.80/scripts/addons/crowdrender_new/lib/cress/config.py”, line 9, in
import os, json, sys, sqlite3
File “/Applications/Blender_old/2.80/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/python/lib/python3.7/sqlite3/init.py”, line 23, in
from sqlite3.dbapi2 import *
File “/Applications/Blender_old/2.80/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/python/lib/python3.7/sqlite3/dbapi2.py”, line 27, in
from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Blender_old/2.80/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/python/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.cpython-37m-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: /Users/brecht/dev/build_darwin/deps/Release/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Blender_old/2.80/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/python/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.cpython-37m-darwin.so
Reason: image not found

There is a file with the name _sqlite3.cpython-37m-darwin.so in my Applications/Blender_old/2.80/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/python/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload folder though, so its not a case of the file being missing I think. I am not sure what the error actually means. Perhaps @brecht could help since the error traceback refers to his user folder?

Library not loaded: /Users/brecht/dev/build_darwin/deps/Release/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Blender_old/2.80/Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/python/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.cpython-37m-darwin.so
Reason: image not found

Any help would be appreciated since i can’t fix this!

Update, running otool -L _sqlite3.cpython-37m-darwin.so from the …

Blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.80/python/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload

… folder gives me the following output

/Users/brecht/dev/build_darwin/deps/Release/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib (compatibility version 9.0.0, current version 9.6.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1252.50.4)

However, running the same command for a lib that does work, such as the json python lib gives

/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1252.50.4)

From what I can gather, this output from otool -L is

“to display the names and version numbers of the shared libraries that the object file uses”

according to the man page. So the question now turns to, should the sqlite3 object be trying to look for a dylib that is on Brecht’s computer? I get the feeling maybe not?

Please report a bug to the tracker.