Present: Campbell Barton, Hans Goudey, Julian Eisel, Nathan Craddock, Pablo Vazquez
Meeting only covered general design review and tasks. Was quite productive in that regard
We’ll do an extra meeting on the Asset Browser soon.
General Design Review and Tasks
D10187: Subdivision Modifier: link levels option and changed defaults to 1
- In general this locking pattern is nice, we’d like to use it a lot more.
- Should be implemented on UI level (to make it available as general feature and to not break scripts).
- Contributions welcome, Hans will create a TODO task and talk to contributors.
- For the particular case of subdivision levels it’s not too useful. Seems a bit odd to have it there but not in more useful places (e.g. render resolution).
- Changing default render subdivision level to 1 seems reasonable. But might be better to wait for 3.0 (not too likely, but changes like this could break scripts doing weird things).
D9853: Alternative Fix for T80313: Clipped text in splash screen on hiDPI monitors
- Main argument for the patch is that it works better with translations. E.g. with Spanish, none of the current buttons are wide enough.
- Decision: Make the spacebar enum a menu, keep the mouse selection one expanded.
Question for multi-input node socket review
- More of a question on the implementation.
- It suggests to remove non-circle-shaped socket support which isn’t used by default. This was initially added for custom node trees, for which we should still use it.
- Hans will leave feedback in the task.
T84188: Avoid clipping data-block name in data-block menu because of library name
- What we have now addresses the issue pretty well already. We could go furher but depends on how much more time that would take.
- Would also be nice to entirely replace the “L”/“O”/“F” (linked, overriden, fake user) letters with icons. But then we’d have to show multiple icons.
- Pablo suggests using multiple lines in the search menu:
- Could be done, although some tweaks would probably have to be made to the design. Needs further discussion.
T84038: Warning almost unreadable due to color scheme
- Generally the proposed patch looks good. Pablo will give feedback on the visuals.
T83326: Properties Editor Popover
- Keep as is (3 options: enabled, disabled, shared edge based), just change how the options are named.
T83693: Keymap design (general discussion)
- Campbell will work on this over the next days and commit it as experimental features.
- Pablo will give design feedback, but overall agrees.
D10224: Preset case preserving
- Patch can be accepted. Lower case names are fine.
- URL quoting as Campbell suggested can still be added if wanted.
Next Meeting: TBD