"make update" is not working

I was trying to build Goo-Engine, when I encountered an issue, namely: "C:\blender-git\goo-engine>make update
‘make’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have installed all the required resources for Windows to the best of my ability, but I still can’t get this code to run. Similiarly, “make” doesn’t work either.

Any help would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

We can only support building blender here, for forks and branches please seek help from their creators

you can find our build instructions over at Building Blender - Blender Developer Wiki no idea how that translates to Goo since i’ve never build it.

1 Like

Try ./make update instead, that’s what worked for me. Talking about compiling blender here, I have no experience with the fork you’re using.

The command sequence for compiling goo engine is identical to the standard instructions for compiling blender. The only difference is the URL/directories used for the git source.

If the command isn’t available, then you’ve skipped a step, a step didn’t finish (such a library downloads), or something didn’t make it to the correct directory.

As noted, support here is only for standard blender. I’m simply typing it here so that it may be a quick assist answer in the future, as this has come up before. I always recommend that someone who is not familiar with the process, to completely compile standard blender and be sure it works so that they become familiar with the process first.

1 Like