Make deps compile sqlite error

i tried run make deps
i got this error when compile sqlite:

Makefile:743: recipe for target 'alter.lo' failed make[4]: * [alter.lo] Error 1 CMakeFiles/external_sqlite.dir/build.make:113: recipe for target 'build/sqlite/src/external_sqlite-stamp/external_sqlite-build' failed make[3]: * [build/sqlite/src/external_sqlite-stamp/external_sqlite-build] Error 2 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1427: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/external_sqlite.dir/all' failed make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/external_sqlite.dir/all] Error

is there any deppdendenices i missed? how to solve this error? thanks

The error you pasted is useless, pretty much says ‘something went wrong’ which isn’t all that helpful. I would have taken your word for that.

Generally sqllite gets unhappy about tcl being missing, i’d install that, and delete the sqllite build folder since it tends to cache things it did and did not find and doesn’t look for them when you just rebuild.

i already have tcl and libtool on my system, then deleted all sqlite build folder, then run make deps again, then got this error:

[ 79%] Performing install step for ‘external_sqlite’
make[4]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add ‘+’ to parent make rule.
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libsqlite3.lai /home/user/blender-git/build_linux/deps/Release/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.la
libtool: install: /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libsqlite3.a /home/user/blender-git/build_linux/deps/Release/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.a
libtool: install: chmod 644 /home/user/blender-git/build_linux/deps/Release/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.a
libtool: install: ranlib /home/user/blender-git/build_linux/deps/Release/sqlite/lib/libsqlite3.a
libtool: finish: PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/sbin" ldconfig -n /home/faiz/blender-git/build_linux/deps/Release/sqlite/lib

Libraries have been installed in:
/home/username/blender-git/build_linux/deps/Release/sqlite/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR’
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:

• add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH’ environment variable
    during execution
  • add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH’ environment variable
    during linking
  • use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR’ linker flag
  • have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf’

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.

/usr/bin/install: cannot change permissions of ‘/usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.6/sqlite3’: No such file or directory
Makefile:1350: recipe for target ‘tcl_install’ failed
make[4]: *** [tcl_install] Error 1
CMakeFiles/external_sqlite.dir/build.make:73: recipe for target ‘build/sqlite/src/external_sqlite-stamp/external_sqlite-install’ failed
make[3]: *** [build/sqlite/src/external_sqlite-stamp/external_sqlite-install] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1427: recipe for target ‘CMakeFiles/external_sqlite.dir/all’ failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/external_sqlite.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
GNUmakefile:306: recipe for target ‘deps’ failed
make: *** [deps] Error 2

Seems fishy that it’s trying to change stuff in /usr, but i have no explanation or any bright ideas on how to fix that :thinking:

What distro are you on?

solved
the only errors is this line:

/usr/bin/install: cannot change permissions of ‘/usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.6/sqlite3’: No such file or directory

run sudo make deps solve this error

thanks for the help

Still i’d like to able to repro this issue and see if we can make it not touch /usr to begin with, what distro are you running?

KDE Neon user edition (Ubuntu 18.04 based)