This is a topic for feedback on the recent left click select changes.
Both the active tools and selection are now on LMB, which leads to various conflicts. For that reason the LMB keymap now has a couple of differences compared to before. These changes do not affect the RMB keymap.
- Context Menu: W -> RMB
- Select Tool activate: None -> W
- Set Cursor: RMB -> Shift+RMB
- Loop Select: Alt+LMB -> double click LMB
- Mask Feather Vertex Slide: Shift+RMB -> Ctrl+Shift+RMB
- Node Select: only with LMB now, no RMB
The idea behind the W key Select Tool shortcut is that various tools can’t be combined with selection, unlike the RMB keymap. So this works as a quick shortcut to drop a tool and go back to selection.