I need Help with Addons error for Radeon ProRender

Hi, team!

This is my first topic, I have a problem with Radeon ProRender addons. I’ve tried to install in every way in all version, even in the Day Build 3.0 Alpha version and always have the same error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\addons\rprblender_init_.py”, line 36, in
from .utils import logging, version_updater
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\addons\rprblender\utils_init_.py”, line 195, in
from . import logging
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\addons\rprblender\utils\logging.py”, line 22, in
file = logging.FileHandler(filename=str(package_root_dir()/‘rprblender.log’), # TODO: Add creation time to this log name. Could be configurable.
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\lib\logging_init_.py”, line 1142, in init
StreamHandler.init(self, self.open())
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\lib\logging_init
.py", line 1171, in _open
return open(self.baseFilename, self.mode, encoding=self.encoding,
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\addons\rprblender\rprblender.log’

Please, if anyone is so kind and has a solution, I will be so glad to hear it!

My Best regards to you.
Gautrek

For addons you need to ask the addon developer, that should be somewhere on the page where you downloaded it. In general, addons dont work well with in development versions like 3.0 and will usually be updated when the version is released.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know that could not work in that version, but neither in the 2.93. But I take your word and search in the AMD page for any answer for the addons and let you know if anything new happens

Radeon ProRender - AMD Community to report bug to Amd

1 Like

This is a forum for Blender Development matters as is stated on the header of the site, for user support go to Blender.Today or Blendersrtists.org :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m the dude you want to talk to, but as others said this isn’t the right forum. File an issue here: Issues · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderBlenderAddon · GitHub

If you’re on Blender 2.93 make sure you use the build from Release Radeon ProRender for Blender 3.2 · GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderBlenderAddon · GitHub
We haven’t tested thoroughly on 3.0 yet.

3 Likes