I love blender so I've spent a bit of time designing a better UI/workflow. What do you think?

Yea, if he decides to make every operator a node so we can get a basically fully procedural workflow. That would be a dream for me.

1 Like

not only frames-variable overrides also expressions overrides :wink:

yep, anything you want, even other parameters (like a node based driver)

1 Like

I remember using this (something like this) in Blender 1.80 version! It was before the Outliner exists and it was removed because it would give us a really complex tree, making it unusable in any moderate, complex scenes. Not saying this to turn you down, but to enlight you that there are problems that we had like 20 years ago with it, but things change and, with the right considerations, it may be viable.

I can imagine, I think node based workflows were not that mature/user friendly at that time, even over at Sidefx. A lot of node based softwares now have it down to a fine art, although I do think Sidefx can still be a little hard to grasp because of the lack of one more top level…which I think they’re now addressing with PGP (haven’t dived into that yet).

That must’ve been the OOPS. It was pretty much a graph representation of all the data structures - rather hard to follow indeed, and the Outliner was created to replace that. I believe OOPS existed all the way up to 2.49.

1 Like