Hello. I have been having a problem where blender doesn’t generate or display in console the crash logs. It’s been happening since about 2.9 and I’m only now working up the courage to bring it up (Or rather I got stuck on a particular issue I had no method of verifying ). There will be an image example of how the CMD log looks before it crashes to “home”. It happens consistently, no matter the type of error given.
Here are a few bullet points things I’ve tried/noticed:
- I use Windows
- The Blender build associated doesn’t matter.
- I’ve checked %TEMP%, it only contains folders with name like ‘blender_axxxxx’ (x being numbers) that are empty, there are no crash logs in my temp directory at all, in fac. I do clear it from time to time but its still worrysome.
- I don’t believe the crash logs are being generated in any other directory.
- While I am a python developer and can understand a crash log not being made for python specific errors, Ive had other users test my code directly and they receive a crash log all the same.
- Setting --debug or --verbose=1 doesn’t affect the result.
- I’ve verified with other python developers that this behavior is indeed abnormal, attempting various fixes to no avail.
Unfortunately my only on-hand image example uses a modified version of blender, but as I’ve said its 100% not that and this is certainly irregular behavior. I’m honestly at a bit of a loss as to why this is happening. Any advice as to why this might be happening, how to properly verify that its happening to you guys, or possible fixes would be extremely appreciated.