How to embed file browser into the Blender addon interface

Hi there!

Really hope I didn’t get the wrong topic :slight_smile:

I’m trying to find a solution for using the file browser in the Blender addon. Asked on StackExchange python - How to embed file browser into the Blender addon interface - Blender Stack Exchange, but no answers yet.
Maybe someone here has an answer on how to add a file browser to the Blender addon to display a folder contents in the addon window?

By the way, if anyone has a desire to rewrite the CADBase / CadbaseLibrary FreeCAD · GitLab addon for Blender, please contact me and we’ll discuss the remuneration.

You may have alook here:

…this references to 2.78… but it’s still in the actual docs.blender → bpy_extras.io_utils → bpy_extras.io_utils.ImportHelper version…

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!!!
I still haven’t figured out how to embed part of this window (filebrowser) into an addon, but the information definitely gets me closer to that goal.
You are, by the way, the first person to answer this question. I’ve asked it from time to time in different places. )))

…so it was good for you to show up here :wink:

1 Like

Hello again! :slight_smile:

Here’s what I’ve got CadbaseLibrary Blender.

I hope that there will be some people willing to look at this code and give their opinion.

Please let me know if there is any reason why this code cannot be distributed through the Blender addons manager. I will do my best to fix it.

By the way, if you want to check it out but don’t want to create an account, you can use these login details, login: beet, password: ktBP7HHD.

Update, sent a request to add this add-on to the Blender add-ons repository: