How to contribute to the Blender Wiki?

Hi,

I am a Blender user and I started to read the documentation in order to contribute to the code. To gather some technical / architecture details I looked at the Wiki and on the File Structure page, it seems that there’s some missing TODO’s for directories. (like /source/blender/depsgraph/ or /source/blender/freestyle/)

Is the Wiki still in development? I couldn’t find some information about the project on the project list.

Also on the Wiki FAQ, is says :

• Improve Release Notes:
    Provide helpful example images for release notes, you will have to get a Wiki login first.

So to contribute to the Wiki, we need a login is that right?

Can someone point me into the right direction?

Thanks

Joseph

4 Likes

Hi Joseph,
thank you for reaching out to us. So you would like to help with these todos on the wiki? Are you familiar with the directory structures?

Thomas

1 Like

Hi @ThomasDinges,

Thank you for answering my question!

Yes I can see that there are still some TODOs on the wiki so it would be nice to fill them! I am quite familiar with the directories, I’ve read the code some time ago :wink:

How do we proceed?

Hi,
great! I suggest you pick a page of your liking, maybe the File Structure as you mentioned: Source/File Structure - Blender Developer Wiki

You can click on “View source” in the wiki and just copy paste it into a text editor. Edit it and send it back to me. I will check then on the changes and add it to the wiki. When the changes are fine and you like to contribute more, we can set you up with your own account then. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thomas

4 Likes