Having hard time to locally compile Blender in windows 10

Hello there,
I m having hard time compiling the master in windows 10 since some days now, the log file → Pasteall/SpH8 (Python)
It seems like I m running out of heap, is there anything I or you(devs) can do to have more heap
The last time I successfully compiled was 23.07.2021
Thanks in advance

You’re out of ram, couple of things you can do,

1. Buy more of it
  2. Increase the size of your pagefile

In Visual Studio, you can also try decreasing the maximum number of parallel project builds to limit the peak RAM usage.
This can be changed in Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions.

It’s probably set to 4 in your case (at least from what your log shows) - worth trying a lower number and see how it goes.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for your help, I believe the problem is more in windows OS architecture. Windows 7 was running in this PC, and I have updated to windows 10. Since windows 7 didn’t have the structure to handle many programs running in the background, easily I m having this problem ( running out of heap). The two last days this PC lock me out of the internet, I couldn’t run any program. I had to update my drivers and then all starts to work. I did compile Blender fine. Next time I will encounter this problem I will try to change the maximum number of parallel project builds to limit the peak RAM usage. But in the long run I have to buy and new PC.

Thanks for your help

2 Likes