GSoC 2019 LANPR Development and Feedbacks

Not sure in your case, but, LANPR is a completely different render engine. You have to chose it in the Render Engines choices first, then enable a LANPR Layer. It defaults to a White Line?? but should render on screen. I have difficulty also switching back to Eevee or Cycles at the moment, but LANPR should work as described. If you choose the Far Right button at Top, you can see it in RealTime, or just F12 if you want to save the image. Good luck. Yiming Wu has made some changes to the code, I will upload a new build later today.

1 Like

Well, I just tried this on a 2 million polygon scene with 1400 objects in it, and well… I waited an hour and watched Blender’s RAM usage go from 3gb to 6gb and down to 3gb again (only ever using 15% of CPU), and then I couldn’t wait any longer and killed it.

I hope there’s some performance improvements in store for this in the future (because at least for professional work, it should take a minute, maximum, to wait… the software we currently use usually handles this in seconds, although the results require a lot of clean-up in Illustrator that wastes man hours so that’s why we’re looking for alternatives).

Hello, I did a quick test to try to know if this is a GPU/CPU process. Apparently LANPR is CPU process, and Single Thread. Is this correct? Are there plans to do this multi-threaded?