Gitea Workflows and Module Help Needed

It probably can be done in a full-features email-client, I couldn’t see a way for gmail to do this though (which I use for email filtering)

It is possible to filter on the Message-ID, which contains useful information: e.g.

Message-ID: <blender/blender/pulls/104876/ready/[email protected]>

Using this gmail search:

rfc822msgid:<blender/blender/pulls/104876/ready/[email protected]>

But from what I can see, this only works for an exact match, it doesn’t support
rfc822msgid:<blender/blender/pulls/ for e.g. to search for the message-id prefix.

How do I arrive to this page from the user interface? 4.0 - blender - Blender Projects

If I start at https://projects.blender.org/ what’s the mouse click path to get to that page?

Blender repository > Issues > Milestones, same as it would be on GitHub.

For developers that are members of the Blender organization it also shows under Milestones in the menu at the top.

Ohhh, there are two different Issues buttons. Found it.

Also, how do we attach videos to gitea reports?

1 Like

Right there?

As playable widget i guess

Hmm, those tags should be available somewhere in the form, I guess… perhaps a link to a “markdown-cheatsheet” page… otherwise people will never know about those secret codes…

In case anyone else has similar need. I quite often find myself needing to edit my first comment with an updated or additional inline image. In this case I can drag a new image to that attachments area but the UI will not offer the embed link.

In that case I just right-click on that files area and select “Inspect”. The immediate child of the highlighted element is shown as div class="files" and it contains one input for each of the attachments, the “value” of which is the magic id used in the embed links.

2 Likes

Gitea was updated again today, some changes to be aware of:

• Conflict checking now only happens immediately for pull requests that have been updated or commented on in the last 24 hours. For older pull requests conflict checking starts when you open the page, and you need to refresh the page to see the results (usually should be done within about 10 seconds).
  • There is now a preview of .rst files for the manual, which makes online editing more practical. It’s not a complete preview, in particular every page is rendered individually which means for example table of contents or label links do not work. But it’s much more complete than the preview you would get on e.g. GitHub, since it’s using Sphinx under the hood.
  • Attaching videos should now work much better, with a Copy Link button and proper width/alignment/padding.
  • Logins are remembered for a year now instead of 7 days, so you don’t get logged out so often.
9 Likes

Hi, is there an appropriate place to report bugs with projects.blender.org? I looked on the infrastructure/gitea-custom repository but there’s no ‘Issues’ tab.

Currently there seems to be a bug with sorting issues on the main blender repository. Clicking ‘Sort’ and choosing ‘Newest’ actually just seems to do the same as sorting by ‘Recently updated’. When the page first loads, the issues do seem to be sorted by ‘Newest’, it’s only when explicitly choosing it from the sort menu that it doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks.

For Blender specific issues or important bugs we have:

Minor issues like this we do not track ourselves though, because then we’d be replicating the Gitea issue tracker. Those can be reported upstream:

1 Like