Gitea Workflows and Module Help Needed

I can’t see commits there. And this page is way too long to be of any help. Old main page was very helpful, right now it looks like its just gone and I can’t navigate this new website at all.

I also can’t find differentials page

This is the closest alternative for activity, however it is currently not paginated and there is too much activity for one page per day.
https://projects.blender.org/org/blender/dashboard

We are tracking improvements to this here:

didn’t see one, so i likely already know the answer to this question but …Is there an API endpoint for that feed?

edit: also bit of a shame people have to login before they can see this page.

There is no API for activity. In fact we would like one also for weekly reports.

Hi, Are there alternates for Bf-Blender-CVS and Bf-translations-svn ML?
RSS feeds for these repositories are odd because they have many duplicated messages for a commit.

Is it necessary to have “Archived” status anymore? Noticed in #104721 where user closed and reopened report, it lost “Needs info from user” label, because “Needs triage” was automatically assigned. It’s probably not big issue, but can lead to errors.

I don’t mind activity, shouldn’t there be way to see commits and differentials? I don’t want to see every bug report, but to see what is worked on. I got User of the Month award last month for reading too much and since Gitea I just don’t go on the website anymore, I just can’t find anything that interests me. It is very sad users basically lost a way to keep up with Blender development

1 Like

You can see those but not as part of an activity feed:

I also agree that it’s hard to get good activity information.
How can I see a developers pull requests? Their commits? Basically all the information that was previously in someone’s profile is no longer easily searchable.

EDIT: Maybe if there was a way to filter the “Public Activity” of someone (by type, like commit, comment, submit PR), that would actually help a lot.

4 Likes

One issue I noticed is that clicking the “Unified View” or “Split View” button in the “Files Changed” section will make all in-progress review comments disappear. It really doesn’t seem like it should in the UI, so I could see this making someone loose a fair amount of work at some point.

@brecht When editing a page on the wiki it still mentions the old macros. This should still be updated to reduce some confusion about macro usage. I am not familiar where that could be done.

I guess tthat’s another variation of:

Gitea was updated, some relevant changes:

5 Likes

Would it be possible to change the font in the bug report description frame?

It uses some wonky fallback font which feels like hieroglyphics compared to the nice to read font on the rest of the website UI around it.

2 Likes

Gitea was updated, relevant changes:

7 Likes

Hey, I decided to take a look at the ability to add videos. Result: #104625 - Geometry Node: Allow Data block types of sockets for comparing by Compare node - blender - Blender Projects

While not urgent, I can’t see a way to differentiate notifications for PR’s compared with issues.

Previously with Phabricator I sorted them into separate the kinds of notifications into separate tags. It would be good if the email notifications could use a different subject line depending on the kind of notification, allowing useful email filtering.

Added to the list in #13 - Pull request features - blender-projects-platform - Blender Projects

It indeed seems to be less than ideal. You can manually add <video controls src=" but the width still needs to fixed in CSS.

1 Like

I’m not sure if your email filtering can do this, but the email does contain some headers that can distinguish this:

List-Unsubscribe: <https://projects.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/105597>
X-GitHub-Reason: pull
X-GitLab-Project-Path: blender/blender
X-Gitea-Repository-Path: blender/blender
X-Gitea-Reason: pull