Getting CMake error?

Why am I getting this CMake error? Was able to build on the 3rd ,but when trying today I get this.

Delete my build folder and try.

CMake Error at build_files/cmake/platform/platform_win32_bundle_crt.cmake:29 (file):
  file does not recognize sub-command TOUCH

This in the old build folder.

CMake Error at build_files/cmake/platform/platform_win32_bundle_crt.cmake:29 (file):
    file does not recognize sub-command TOUCH
  Call Stack (most recent call first):
    build_files/cmake/platform/platform_win32.cmake:136 (include)
    CMakeLists.txt:852 (include)

-- 64 bit compiler detected.
  -- Visual Studio 2017 detected.
  -- Disabling render tests because tests folder does not exist at C:/blender-git/blender/../lib/tests
  -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
  See also "C:/blender-git/build_windows_Full_x64_vc15_Release/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
  CMake Configure step failed.  Build files cannot be regenerated correctly.  Attempting to stop IDE build.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(171,
5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code -1073741819. [C:\blender-git\build_windows_Full_x64_vc15_Release\ZERO_CHE
CK.vcxproj]

I’ll see what i can do about not using touch, but for now an updated cmake should fix the issue for you.

2 Likes

Updating CMake worked.

Just seconding that I hit the same thing, windows 10 VS2017. I was on cmake 3.8, bumping to latest, 3.16, fixed it for me. Just running the make.bat in the root folder.

I have a patch in the system that removes the use of touch but it hasn’t made it through review just yet.

I don’t know how this is possible, it didn’t work for me
have any idea why?

Can you share some build logs that show the error you are having?