Fatal error LNK1181: ( build blender_v2.83_release) windows 10 "Solved"

I can not build blender_2.83_release, (make release)
because of this fatal error.

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: 入力ファイル ‘C:\myprograms\blender-git\blender…\lib\win64_vc15\OpenImageDenoise\lib\dnnl.lib’ を開けません。(can not open the file)

[C:\myprograms\blender-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc15_Release\source\creator\blender.vcxproj]

I could make update the branch (blender_v2.83_ release).
like this log

=======
C:\myprograms\blender-git\blender>make update
No explicit msvc version requested, autodetecting version.

** Visual Studio 2017 Developer Command Prompt v15.9.19
** Copyright © 2017 Microsoft Corporation

[vcvarsall.bat] Environment initialized for: ‘x64’
Compiler Detection successful, detected VS2017

Updating Precompiled Libraries and Tests

C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe --non-interactive cleanup C:/myprograms/blender-git/blender…\lib\win64_vc15
C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe --non-interactive switch https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/tags/blender-2.83-release/lib/win64_vc15 C:/myprograms/blender-git/blender…\lib\win64_vc15
At revision 62459.
C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\svn.exe --non-interactive update C:/myprograms/blender-git/blender…\lib\win64_vc15
Updating ‘C:\myprograms\blender-git\lib\win64_vc15’:
At revision 62459.

Updating Submodules

C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe pull --rebase origin blender-v2.83-release
From git://git.blender.org/blender-addons

• branch blender-v2.83-release -> FETCH_HEAD
    Already up to date.
    Current branch blender-v2.83-release is up to date.
    From git://git.blender.org/blender-addons-contrib
    Already up to date.
    From git://git.blender.org/blender-translations
    Already up to date.
    From git://git.blender.org/blender-dev-tools
    Already up to date.
    Blender repository skipped: no remote branch to pull from
    ==========

After that, I “make release” then I got the " Link error". And there is no dnnl.lib file,
in the lib directory, “… \win64_vc15\OpenImageDenoise\lib\dnnl.lib”

but there are “mkldnn.lib and mkldnn_d.lib”

Best to use completely separate folders for 2.83 and master, with their own libraries folder. Switching back and forth between them is going to be very slow to download all the libraries every time.

And it can also give build configuration issues like this. The easiest solution is to remove the build folder and build again.

I see. Then how I can make completely separate folder, for 2.83 and master, with own library folder?

Do I need to “git clone” for 2 different directory, or I can set different lib path for master and branch with use same git directory? I suppose I may need to edit setting file, but I do not know, which file I need to edit, to set path for lib…
(I only use offered batch files to update and build, then do not know well about cmake file
setting)

And thanks “The easiest solution is to remove the build folder and build again”
yes the way work (I usually do it when I change branch), but I hope to know more smart way,
(separate lib folda for each branch ) to manage branches with maseter, and up-date easy.
do not hope to download lib everytime when I exchanging branch.
I suppose I may only need to edit setting file (Cmakelist?) , coiuld you teach me correct way
to set up 2 or 3 branches with master?

You can just copy C:\blender-git entirely to a new folder, or wherever you checked out the Blender code.

If you want to save some disk space for the Blender git repo, you could use worktrees:
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-worktree

Ah OK. I may try worktrees. .I need to save main SSD disc space, untill I win lottery and new PC.

(I had used 2 git repo for 2 branches long time, untill I learned how to checkout and exchange 2 branch with one git repo, from yours dev answer, but did not imagine, it cause new problem )

Thanks I finally could make it work with use worktrees “add” command…for blender 283 release blanch. :smile:

I can make up-date and make release in 2 separate directory for master and 283 branch, with use same git repo then it download lib in different directory separately. So I may need not redownload libs.