Error building, At least Python 3.10 is required to build

If I run svn resolve -R and select merge it will then let me successfully do an svn update .

This is the only issue it found:

➜  linux_centos7_x86_64 svn resolve -R
Searching tree conflict details for 'python' in repository:
Checking r63074... done
Tree conflict on 'python':
A new directory appeared during switch to
'^/trunk/lib/linux_centos7_x86_64/python@63077'.
It was added by campbellbarton in r63074.
An unversioned directory was found in the working copy.
Select: (p) Postpone, (r) Mark as resolved, (m) Merge the directories,
        (h) Help, (q) Quit resolution: 

supposedly it can be run non-interactively using --accept=ARG so this might be something to add to the update script?

I’m a little confused on what you are trying to do? To fix the issue we currently have with the lib folder we posted several times already svn revert is the way to go here. This is hopefully a one time problem, so no scripts updates are needed to deal with this situation.

I wrote the results of my investigation into the (now abandoned) diff linked above. Python writes to the directories and SVN won’t write changes to that area… so I expect this will happen again ( and must have happened before ). I suspect most developers do as I have in the past… just wiped the directory and re-fetched. I just went down the rabbit hole this time :wink:

I view the precompiled libs separately from the general blender development so see the update more as a directory sync. Using a different version control ( i.e. SVN instead of git) reinforces this perspective. Can community developers commit changes to svn?

I’ve written a test for svn conflicts ( there’s one for git already). Combined with a python specific solution might be appropriate ( as python would have conflicts constantly). Deleting the cache directories might not work -if I delete everything under the python directory it still refuses to retrieve files - which indicates it has some (confused) internal tracking of ‘dirty’ directories ( also based on comments I’ve come across elsewhere ).
Oh what the heck… I’ll put up the diff… but will just link here: ⚙ D16377 Check for svn collisions

UPDATE: I was wrong: python shouldn’t have conflicts normally as the cache files are properly ignored by svn.
Maybe a check for svn conflicts along the lines of the check already done for git would be appropriate, and consistent.
@LazyDodo is right… this particular case is probably a one time problem.
I’m ready to drop this… learned a bit, next!
But I made requested revisions to D16377 as it is a good check to do.