Eevee-next Clarifiacation / Questions

Well, hello to all first of all I hope that everything goes for the best of your side and that everything goes well in your lives and that you are happy! :smiley:

I have some questions and need clarification about the development of EEVEE-NEXT Initially planned for ā€œBlender 4.0ā€

1 - I donā€™t really understand how to work the new SCREEN SPACE from eevee, I thought I read that for the Gloabl Illumination the surfels will be used, Butā€¦ Elsewhere I also read that it would be just a ā€œBasicā€ SSGI ā€¦ So I confess that I would like to understand what technologies will be used for Global illumination ?

1. GI Surfels are better than LUMEN (UE5) ?

2. Whatā€™s the diffrence beetween LUMEN and a standard GI ?

1 Like

Lumen was developed by a team of devs thats too much to put onto one developer. It will be awesome in terms of improvements but you are expecting heaven.

4 Likes

The problem is only ClĆ©ment work on eeveeā€¦ a small team like 3 - 4 Persons for eevee, is not a bad ideaā€¦ā€œGame engine renderā€ one day erase all ray tracing systemā€¦Ore will be replacer by Perfectionned real time path tracerā€¦ itā€™s not worth lying to yourself more the time advance more the techno are better ! Hardware and software.

And sometimes you need to sacrifice your time for create a small team for work on big projects like EEVEEā€¦ He have a lot of pentialsā€¦ Consider this comment like an idea Blender. Please :slight_smile: EEVEE have some concurence now. i will not list here but you know what about iā€™m talking First letter ā€œDā€

but you not responding to my questions xā€™)

You can always join Blender Development Fund and sponsor that ā€œsmall team like 3 - 4 Persons for eeveeā€ youā€™ve mentioned :wink: Or maybe you have connections and know the ā€˜right peopleā€™ who are willing to join forces and work on the project to MEGA (Make Eevee Great Again) :smiley:

10 Likes

Same i appreciate your comments, but your donā€™t responding to my questions !

1 Like