Display Keyboard Shortcuts for X-Ray (and Other On-Screen Buttons)

I’m a new Blender user (less than 10 hours under my belt), and I realized I was toggling X-Ray frequently. So I need a shortcut. Upon hovering my mouse over the icon, a tooltip popup appears with no mention of a shortcut. So my assumption was that there wasn’t one but can probably set my own. So I got around to Googling it and discovered there is, in fact, a shortcut (Alt-Z). But what if I haven’t Googled it? I might be using my mouse to switch for months! Based on my experiences (and the 637 peoples who viewed this forum) I believe this issue to be a problem that deserves a fix.

Also, X-Ray isn’t the only one that doesn’t have the shortcuts in the tooltips. Selection modes, as well as shading modes it’s likewise missing (but snapping does have them).

Xray%20Resolved
Xray%20default
Snap%20default

Because the template insists on a solution I declare that the selection modes buttons: Vertex Select, Edge Select, Face Select; the Show Overlays button (if indeed there is a shortcut Googling required); the X-Ray button; and the Viewport Shading Modes: Wireframe, Solid, Look Dev, Rendered should have their respective keyboard shortcuts displayed in the tooltips.

Enjoy

1 Like

This seems like a bug. Feel free to file a bug report on developer.blender.org

1 Like

Reported. T70433