Depecrated Function Warnings in Compile on macOS

Greetings!

A while back I found that the compiled builds of Blender 2.8 did not run correctly on my iMac, so I started compiling it myself, and have never looked back. It doesn’t take long at all to pull down the repo changes and compile it, and the freshly compiled Blender works quite nicely for me.

I have noticed that there are a seemingly high number of warnings (429 yesterday), most of which are complaining about using deprecated function calls. Even with these, the compile returns as successful and Blender runs well.

I am using macOS 10.13.5, Xcode 9.4 and CMake 3.11.3 to compile Bllender.

My questions are as follows:

1. Are these warnings of any concern to the dev team?
  2. Do you want/need to see the warnings that I get?
  3. Is there anything I can do to help in getting these addressed?

I am willing to help with this awesome project any way I can. :grinning:

Take care!
Michael

Disclaimer i’m on windows.

1. Genrally no, most of them (at-least on windows) come from using a deprecated ffmpeg api which we do to support the older ffmpeg versions still in use on some distros, I think i saw the audaspace dev yesterday do some updates to the api usage though, so some of them might have been resolved already.

2. Would have been useful, as much fun as a guessing game is, it’s not very productive.

3. Absolutely! if you have a patch for them submit it at https://developer.blender.org for review