Cycle Standalone build error

I get this error
6>D:\cycles..\lib\win64_vc15\openimageio\include\OpenImageIO/Imath.h(16,13): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘Imath/ImathColor.h’: No such file or directory (compiling source file D:\cycles\src\subd\patch.cpp)
5>D:\cycles..\lib\win64_vc15\openimageio\include\OpenImageIO/Imath.h(16,13): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘Imath/ImathColor.h’: No such file or directory (compiling source file D:\cycles\src\util\path.cpp)
7>Generating node_attribute.oso
6>D:\cycles..\lib\win64_vc15\openimageio\include\OpenImageIO/Imath.h(16,13): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘Imath/ImathColor.h’: No such file or directory (compiling source file D:\cycles\src\subd\dice.cpp)
6>D:\cycles..\lib\win64_vc15\openimageio\include\OpenImageIO/Imath.h(16,13): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘Imath/ImathColor.h’: No such file or directory (compiling source file D:\cycles\src\subd\split.cpp)
7>Generating node_background.oso
6>Done building project “cycles_subd.vcxproj” – FAILED.

There are many more like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Royce

You’re likely mixing master libs which are further ahead with cycles standalone which tends to lag a little, try grabbing one of the older tagged libs where imath still was included with openexr

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/tags/

The cycles repository master branch should build with the latest libraries, in fact it requires them. Generally running “make update” in the cycles repository should checkout the libraries with the appropriate version.

What can happen also is if you built a different cycles version earlier, the build configuration can be wrong for the new version. Removing the build folder and starting fresh is the easiest solution for that.

Actually, I just tried the master/3.10 and 3.20 libs with a clean build folder, and all have various issues, but none of them build, looks like it needs a little love. Taking a closer look…

Quit a bit was wrong, but i just pushed some fixes!

Release builds should work now, debug still has issues, as FindUSDPixar.cmake was unaware debug libs can exist and only looks for the release ones, but that’s a bit of a bigger fix than i have time for right now. @brecht do you want to pick this up? or should i? (won’t have time till after the 3.4 lib work)

Thank You for looking into the problem. Much appreciated.
-Royce

Thank you. It certainly gets a lot further than before. I tried to add optix to the build but ran into similar errors.

8>D:/cycles/src/kernel/…\kernel/device/optix/compat.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘optix.h’: No such file or directory
8>kernel.cu
7>Generating node_glass_bsdf.oso
7>Generating node_glossy_bsdf.oso
7>Generating node_gradient_texture.oso
7>Generating node_hair_bsdf.oso
7>Generating node_hair_info.oso
8>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(247,5): error MSB8066: Custom build for ‘D:\CyclesBuilds\CMakeFiles\66c0a28debe55eee48b82d6f9456adc6\kernel_optix.ptx.rule;D:\CyclesBuilds\CMakeFiles\66c0a28debe55eee48b82d6f9456adc6\kernel_optix_shader_raytrace.ptx.rule;D:\CyclesBuilds\CMakeFiles\eb9848bc8fd6d47d81e68117c7663c9f\cycles_kernel_optix.rule;D:\cycles\src\kernel\CMakeLists.txt’ exited with code 2.
8>Done building project “cycles_kernel_optix.vcxproj” – FAILED.

-Royce

i’d validate OPTIX_INCLUDE_DIR in cmake points somewhere sane

I figured it out. I changed the cmake file for optix to 7.4.0 directory and it worked.

-Royce

It compiled Cycles.exe but not the dlls. I just took them from blender directory but how do I also compile the .dlls with cycles?

-Royce

Well I ran the Build Install and it collected everything but it has the error SDL2.dll is missing. No problem as I just copied it from Blender.

-Royce