Compositor ideas

There’s a vector node that could potentially be used, as long as the real time compositing has access to all the passes even on custom views.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/compositing/types/filter/vector_blur.html

1 Like

Thank you very much!

You are always active in here and you usually do that, if u dont have any suggestings to improve idea, U dont need to show me workarounds that I already know which were also stated by other user.

As I said, you can post these in light groups idea place to say ''blender already offers light groups feature by putting each light in a different collection and exluding all other collections for each viewlayers etc. ‘’

You always see the small picture - exposure of camera, sharing node groups in asset browser (1.sharing a small node group is not equal to sharing whole compositor, people are sharing geometry nodes and expose parameters so people are using those parameters for very complex operations, its not same as sharing a little node group like simple blur glare as u show.)
So still compostiro node tree cannot be added as asset

1. As for the linked scenes, it doesnt allow u to add new collections, newly addeed objects in one scene is not reflected in other, plus its not usable for someone who is still making changes on scene, its not just for making different looks after all the scene is fully complete,

2. And why would I make a new scene just to assign different composition node to a single camera if I have more than 100 cameras with 100 different composition setups I want, Why do I need to make 100 and naming each with camera numbers etc, while I can just assign as compositor nodetree to camera or world, its all about usability and fast design iterations’. There are many design softwares that allow you to add different post processings filters or even render settings seperately for each shot u make, thats what is missing in blender, even for simple thing like eevee bloom, what if someone want differetn bloom for different cameras? its not easy to change bloom everytime u render new camera or making hundreds of new scenes for just changing bloom parameter in eevee render settings ,so its the same problem’’

Blender already have so many duplicate features, why do we have both properties panel for changing materials also node editor at the same time? why do we have tool settings in 2 different areas, why do we have same operations in geometry nodes as some modifiers? so you argument doesnt apply
Plus, what I say is not even a duplicate thing, its a new concept I am going to do mockup examples to show what I am talking about because you dont seem to understand whole concept and only partially telling me solutions instead of seeing big picture.

And if you are really not boycotting as you say and really not trying to prevent ideas, then proove it by letting other users to see the mockups without occupying all the tread with your already known workarounds which distracts the topic. You dont show any idea, u just show workarounds.This is not blenderartists website

1 Like

Imagine not being able to just reuse the entire geometry node network, instead always having to group everything together and then copy/paste to another object or file.

Imagine not being able to just reuse the entire material node network, instead always having to group everything together and then copy/paste to another object or file.

Imagine not being able to just reuse the entire world node network, instead always having to group everything together and then copy/paste to another object or file.

It’s just very convenient to drag an drop an old blend file on a new file, go to append, and grab 3 of the worlds, or 88 of the materials, or 6 of the Geometry Nodes directly.

It’s also convenient to be able to change out the entire thing by changing one of these:

Geometry Nodes are at the top level already groups by default. Lets call that level 5 of evolution. We are all impatiently waiting for the same thing to happen with Materials. Materials are at level 4. Particles are at level 3 because they can be reused like materials but they are not node based. Compositing is at like level 2 or a different level 3 because it is node based but cannot be reused in the same various convenient ways. WE ARE ONLY ASKING FOR CONSISTENCY because level 5 evolution of this idea has worked out to be very very pleasant and we want the same quality of life in other areas that we use 50x more often.

2 Likes

I’d also like to add that I could piece together some MEL code in Maya to do things like this with 90% less difficulty, less typing, and less thinking compared to trying to figure out how to do it Blender. People who like to propose workarounds so much really should be trying to push Blender devs to make improvements in this areas so complex workarounds can be achieved by having Blender itself output at least 50% of the code needed effortlessly.

1 Like

EVERYONE wants to be up to date with every new upcoming gimmic,
and the blender team tries to keep up as a small team with the big industry and all your wishes.
They do very well, to make that clear!
So bringing you the ability to have all the new gimmic options, some stuff has to fall short of attension.
Did anyone like me follow the devs almost 24/7, when and how much they accomplish every day.
That’s not 24/7, that is 24/365~ !!
Now my question is: Which of the big well known companys come with this much updates, feedback, bugfixes and latest gimmics…in this short time?
RIGHT! non, zero, nada, null, 42,…

Can annyone here proof me wrong?
I started with 3d on the C64. All the other software packages haven’t been helpful at all since. To expensive, senseless complicated, unusable, you name it.
When I downloaded blender for the first time and got into it, I knew after many years fu…ing around with the other crap, that blender is finally fixing those industry issues where other software companies are still continuing with.

1 Like

It may not be scalable to tie post-processing effects to separate render engines. Is there any technical reason, or transferring the effect from eevee and eevee-next to compositing nodes is possible for any engines?

Fully agree, thank you so much for understanding my point always!!! Same thoughts always,

I didnt know about MEL code, I admired u for being able to add such needed things to other sofware with it
I m even willing to add these features by myself, I m not good at coding, I learned coding for html and css for webworks , I wish I knew about coding for blender as well to make some code and propose it in code.blender so it can be confirmed and added But probably its harder to learn than web design. Addons use phyton (I guess?) but I have no idea how to add built-in way and with which code.

Yess, I agree u made a great point about consistency, it it actually create consistence to have that functionality for compositor nodetree, even geometry nodes got that option to have multiple geonode trees and assigning different objects or exposing geonodetrees and making them exposed to properties panel as modifier for simplified use without keep opening node tree , if noone did that , we would be have to ''make a bigg crazy complicated group node to just reuse a geometry node treee (for example a big node tree that create a modular building or something) and have to append like node asset or by appending. So its quite important to have same functionality of multiple nodetree also for compositor to be consistent it creates more consistency rather than being a ‘‘unnecessary feature when there is workaround like holding ur left ear with right hand instead of using left hand’’ Yes there might be some barriers or design desicions that can come up but they can be solved it properly thought and approached. Its nothing undoable.

1 Like