Call for Content: Themes

I’ve added One Dark style blue tint version of the theme for people who would like their Blender to match with One Dark based themes in other software such as VSCode or Godot:

minimalistic_blue.xml (42.6 KB)

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I forgot to mention, before Blender I used XSI maybe 15 years ago, and like most people I loved everything about that software, including the interface and color scheme of course.
So I have to say you are doing an amazing job in adapting that to Blender. Your work is bringing back memories hehe… keep going with the great work!

2 Likes

I’m not sure how much I will commit to this, but in case I will update the theme here, if someone is interested to try it:

5 Likes

Awesome! I hope this gets really considered in the themes as 2.7x LEGACY. I would sure use it for some tutorials :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

Adapta Nokto Theme for Blender 2.8

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1anrkwxzc4but53/adapta-nokto.xml?dl=0

For all those (Manjaro) linux users out there! <3
I basically updated and refined this theme: https://www.blendswap.com/blend/22222
which is for 2.7 and had a lot of issues in 2.8
So credit also goes to adriansnetlis <3

5 Likes

Alien Pink b 2.90
alien_pink_2_9.xml (43.5 KB)
Just something I did for myself because i love to TASTE the colors :joy:

5 Likes

love this theme, thanks!

1 Like

Hi. I’ve uploaded and (refreshed) the latest version of the theme.

1 Like

I made a theme inspired in MacOS Mojave for Blender 2.82. As this is the theme I use regularly, I intend to keep it updated. I tried to cover every little nook and cranny of interface, but please let me know if there’s anything missing.

I created an account exclusively to post this, but it seems that new users can’t attach files, so here’s a link to imgur with some screenshots:

Theme XML file:
Mojave Silver for Blender 2.82

4 Likes

There really needs to be a good very light theme that is not the print theme. Light themes are key when working on screens with limited brightness outside

2 Likes

Hi, I’m very sorry I’m reading this now, after months - there are family reasons I pull back from most of the forums.

Here’s updated my Maya theme for Blender, exported from actual 2.9 version.
Hope it’s still can be used. Let me know if anything, I will be following forum again

v01tech_maya.xml (43.5 KB)

2 Likes

Did you posted it in the task thread?
Updating the themes seems to be a mess, themes are still waiting to be committed.

No, but doing it right now, thank you

So you have screen captures of what you have implemented? I am curious about the UV editor and NLA regarding maya.
Cheers.

Imo, is the default theme for the text editor theme is quite weak. Do you have some ideas for improving it, in a way that could work with the default light/dark theme?

Here are two (dark) themes for inspiration:

A theme which is in consistency with the colors of the unselected colored buttons in the 2.80 dark theme:
https://gist.github.com/tin2tin/378707cc4062cf862289e4cd49d24daa

And a VScode Theme:
https://gist.github.com/tin2tin/18f86237a54dd307296cfa7692b81a26

1 Like

Hi, I realy didn’t touch much outside modeling colors, so I will need to dig deeper into it when I will got time. For now just modeling stuff is related to Maya

For people who appreciate gray themes, zen, calmness and readability and like the balance between too dark themes and too bright ones and prefer easiness on your eyes when working both in dark and bright environments. An updated version of my Purgatory theme. Purgatory V3. Enjoy.

For Interface use: DJVU_Sans_Mono font

For Mono-space use: FiraCode-SemiBold font

purgatory_v3.xml (43.7 KB)

6 Likes

@billrey

Two super white ones very similar to each other that very few of us will use. ( in addition to the Blender Light theme already very good for a bright theme). That 's a bit much on the white side.

Deep Grey that is not deep grey at all and that is really a boring theme (just mid grey and orange…).

There was a great theme with dark blue colors similar to Godot, I remember that was much more interesting, maybe you could consider this one instead! …and that would please the game designer people would love a Godot like theme.

:eyes:

WHAT

3 Likes