C2397 error while compiling

So basically I was trying to compile a version of blender for myself when I ran into an error and warning, and me not being a professional programmer, I don’t really understand what went wrong here. (Warning and error pasted below)

D:\GameEngines\GooEngine\goo-engine\source\blender\editors\object\object_constraint.c(2214,43): warning C4100: ‘con’: unreferenced formal parameter [D:\GameEngines\GooEngine\build_windows_Full_x64_vc17_Release\source\blender\editors\object\bf_editor_object.vcxproj]
D:\GameEngines\GooEngine\goo-engine\intern\ghost\intern\GHOST_Wintab.cc(193,14): error C2397: conversion from ‘int’ to ‘const unsigned __int64’ requires a narrowing conversion [D:\GameEngines\GooEngine\build_windows_Full_x64_vc17_Release\intern\ghost\bf_intern_ghost.vcxproj]
1 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)

Sorry we can only offer support here on building mainline blender, for building forks you’ll have to seek support from the people maintaining the fork as we do not know what they have done to the code.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks for the answer

Though hypothetically, if this was mainline blender, would this issue ever crop up? I’d like to know since from what I’ve heard this fork is nearly the same as regular Blender

Build issues could pop up anytime, however because blender gets build every 15 minutes or so by our buildbots we tend to know about these issues quickly and fix them.

It might be MS Visual Studio related. I got the same error when compiling main with Visual Studio version 17.7 Preview 3.0. I rolled back to Preview version 2.0.

1 Like

That might be it, I used the most recent version of the VS to compile it, I’ll try it out

I’d like to ask, where am I supposed to get the 2.0 version? I can’t find it on the normal installer and the preview installer, all I see is the 3 different 3.0 versions.

now that i should be able to fix!

So how do I get VS 17.7 Preview 2.0?

if you had it before, the installer should offer you a rollback option, if you installed fresh and got 3.0 right out of the gate, there’s nothing to roll back to.

I’m preparing a fix for main though, once that is in you can just copy those changes into whatever fork you are building.

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate the help. Though I’d like to ask for a small guide on where I should change the things since as I said, I have no clue how to code in C++

should be pretty clear once i post them

Fixed in our main with commit 1058fd1b2b

if you want this in your fork, just follow the change, left = old code, right = new code

It works, I got the fork running. Thanks again, I really appreciate it