Building Failure: function ImportYUVAFromRGBA: error: undefined reference to 'SharpYuvInit'

Hi all, I am following Building Blender/Linux/Ubuntu - Blender Developer Wiki to build blender from source using precompiled library on an AWS ubuntu machine.
In the final linking phase, I got this:

/home/ubuntu/TransObj/lib/linux_x86_64_glibc_228/webp/lib/libwebp.a(picture_csp_enc.c.o):picture_csp_enc.c:function ImportYUVAFromRGBA: error: undefined reference to 'SharpYuvInit'
/home/ubuntu/TransObj/lib/linux_x86_64_glibc_228/webp/lib/libwebp.a(picture_csp_enc.c.o):picture_csp_enc.c:function ImportYUVAFromRGBA: error: undefined reference to 'SharpYuvGetConversionMatrix'
/home/ubuntu/TransObj/lib/linux_x86_64_glibc_228/webp/lib/libwebp.a(picture_csp_enc.c.o):picture_csp_enc.c:function ImportYUVAFromRGBA: error: undefined reference to 'SharpYuvConvert'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/build.make:576: bin/blender] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7580: source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Makefile:166: all] Error 2
make: *** [GNUmakefile:365: all] Error 2

I am clueless about how to troubleshoot this. Any help would be really appreciated!

I’m guessing you are building an older version of Blender (3.6?) with the latest libraries. Running make update after checking out the branch should give you the appropriate version of the libraries.

Thank you so much for your reply! Yes I am building an old version (3.3).
I did use make update before make. It did give me appropriate libraries and I can build blender a month ago, but for now, I am just keeping encountered linking issues.
Is blender 3.3 no longer supported or something?

try

cmake -UFFMPEG* ./

in your build folder (likely build_linux_full or something along those lines) and rebuilding.

The 3.3 libraries were recently updated with a security fix, including upgrading the WebP library.

This required an update to the Blender building code as well. If you use the latest blender-v3.3-release branch it should be there, or the most recent v3.3.12 tag. In particular you must have commit 96c5cc5. If you are already have that, clearing the build folder and making a fresh build may help.