Build fails on Win10 x64, quadriflow.lib missing

Hi

I can’t seem to build Blender on Win10 x64, fails with the log below.

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	LNK1181	cannot open input file '..\..\lib\Release\bf_intern_quadriflow.lib'	blender	C:\BLENDER_DEV\build_VS\source\creator\LINK	1	

The thing is that I am building this on a virtual machine and it does not have direct internet connection, so I need to find those libs and copy them manually. I would appreciate any pointers to resolve this issue.

This also fails make bpy as well.

1 Like

bf_intern_quadriflow is a lib that is build from source not a lib that comes from svn, i bet there’s a build error somewhere higher up in the log

Ok that makes sense because I have been searching for that lib in the SVN repo without luck.

I can disable that lib for the regular VS build using cmake gui. Do you know how I can disable that for make bpy ?

there’s nothing special about make bpy just let it fail, then go into the build folder and use cmake-gui to edit the option.

Ok thanks I will try that.

I will investigate why quadriflow is failing. Thanks for the help.

So when I do that , it builds bunch of python stuff except bpy.pdb . And when bpy.pdb is not in Python’s path I am naturally getting ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bpy' when I try to import bpy in the regular Py shell.

Some reason make bpy had built that successfully in the past.

This is the only reference of error in the VS build log.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error LNK1169 one or more multiply defined symbols found blender C:\BLENDER_DEV\build_windows_Bpy_x64_vc15_Release\bin\Release\bpy.pyd 1

It is also interesting, it builds bpy.pdb then deletes it, as I watch the build folder.

pdb are debugging symbols
pyd is a loadable python module

best not to confuse the two

blender as a python module is not officially supported, so it doesn’t get regularry build , i’ll have a go at it tomorrow and resolve any issues it may have.

Sorry, naturally I meant bpy.pyd not .pdb

I know the module building is not official but it is very helpful in the py console and also with autocompletion in Eclipse. I built the module successfully in the past even the 2.80 version was fine. So not sure what I am doing wrong here.

View->Output in visual studio should have more detailed logging on what’s going on, i can confirm bpy builds here without issues.

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out. I will look into that.

I have build failed as well on windows 10, here’s the log https://pastebin.com/7UqpwReX

But that build error is not quadraflow related please don’t make noise in topics with unrelated errors.

That being said: fixed! pull and you should be good to go!

2 Likes

I did a fresh clone and frsh checkout of all the libs and it seems to work now.

@LazyDodo thanks for the help again

Here is from Ipython working well with the bpy module

$ ipython
Python 3.7.2 (tags/v3.7.2:9a3ffc0492, Dec 23 2018, 23:09:28) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)]
Type 'copyright', 'credits' or 'license' for more information
IPython 7.2.0 -- An enhanced Interactive Python. Type '?' for help.

In [1]: import bpy

In [4]: bpy.context.object
Out[4]: bpy.data.objects['Cube']

In [5]: bpy.context.object.data.vertices
Out[5]: bpy.data.meshes['Cube'].vertices

In [6]: bpy.app.version
Out[6]: (2, 82, 1)