Build error on Windows 8.1 / blender-3.6.2 / LINK : fatal error LNK1181 / can't open file libfftw.lib /

Build Environment

• Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 Bits
  • Compiler: VS 2019
  • Source Code: blender-3.6.2.tar.xz
  • Blender libraries: At revision 63481 /trunk/lib/win64_vc15

Short description of error
the error is that can’t open input file “libfftw.lib” and I can’t find this file “libfftw.lib” in Blender libraries as well.
could anyone help find out why?

error message as

blender libraries on remote

blender libraries on local

Exact
Build Log:full build log

You’re using older code with newer libs, the fftw libs changed a little since 3.6 and the 3.6 codebase doesn’t know about that (how could it) use these libs rather than the ones you have

svn co https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/tags/blender-3.6-release/lib/win64_vc15

2 Likes

yeah, I repalce fftw3 lib by (bf-blender - Revision 63481: /tags/blender-3.5-release/lib/win64_vc15/fftw3) and it works fine now, thank you!

In addition, is there any files that I can edit to control the svn to get the older libs?

Just manually grabbing the whole folder with the command i showed you is the easiest way to go about that

1 Like

but “libfftw.lib” is not in blender-3.6-release/lib/win64_vc15/fftw3 either, I find it in blender-3.5-release/lib/win64_vc15/fftw3. I also try blender-3.6-release/lib/win64_vc15/fftw3 and it failed too.

by the way, problem is solved now, thanks a lot!

I’m not sure how that could happen, this code in 3.6 allows it to be building against both 3.6 and 3.5 libs, i’d validate your code matches this snippet.

1 Like