I just found this book and haven’t seen it posted anywhere so thought I would share it where people might see it. Published December 2020, so relatively new, although some things are a little out of date.
The author is a professor who has been working with Blender since at least 2015 according to my Google Fu. I haven’t read much, but the first chapter is enough to convince me that it could help anyone asking, “Where to start?” ’
I’m fairly new so interested if those with more experience have thoughts.
Table of Contents
- Intro to the “Core” Blender Source Code
- Blender “DNA” and Serialization
- ghost: Soul of the windowmanager Module
- The blenlib and blenkernel Modules
- Blender’s Embedded Python
- Blender “RNA” and the Data API
- The editors Module, Operators, and Event System
- Editor Creation