Blender Particle Simulation Not Working! Baking doesn't render particles

I’ve been working on a cool animation and there’s a part where my car blows up a couple of boxes. I followed a quick particle simulation explosion tutorial and did everything exactly the way he did, and my simulation will for some reason not bake. When I bake it, the particles are still the only thing that I see, even in the rendered tab. Even after rendered, it still doesn’t show up. No smoke, no fire. However, the domain is filled with black smoke for whatever reason every frame before the simulation starts and every frame after it ends. (The simulation starts on frame 1977 and lasts until frame 2050) I have searched the internet far and wide and haven’t found anybody with a solution for this problem. I also have tried to fix this for 3 days now, and cannot seem to fix it. Perhaps it’s a bug? I’m really open to suggestions. I have a link to the YouTube tutorial Create Explosions in Blender - YouTube and also some pictures showing the issue.

If you know the solution to my problem I would be very grateful for help. Thanks!

Here’s another picture of the domain filled with smoke before the explosion

You are using eevee and he is using cycles.
Have not tried eevee volume in a long time but some things are not supported.
Have you baked the simulation and not just skipped to the frame?
Is it the basic materials? Checked if it works in cycles? Checked the Volume settings for eevee ?

This should also not be in animation and rigging categorie. Maybe next time try blenderartist for this type of question.

I’m using Eevee. Sorry this is my first post so i didn’t know where to post it. I haven’t checked if it works in cycles either. Where is volume settings located?

Can you just make a file with the smoke domain and nothing else. Thats the easiest way to help because this can have multiple reasons.

Have you checked some tutorials about rendering smoke in eevee?

@Will-Maginity @DarkKnight keep in mind this is not the proper forum for support, read the blue box on the header:

I recommend goind to Blender Artists or Blender Community for this kind of support / conversation, also Blender.chat :slight_smile:

@ThomasDinges could be good to lock up this thread to avoid more clutter if you agree with this.

1 Like