Blender not starting

The latest couple of 2.8 versions haven’t been possible to launch (latest blender-2.80.0-git.aa003c73245f-windows64 as of 7:th of July) on Win10 64-bit, Geforce GTX 1050. Just quits after a quick flash of start screen.

Hi, first I would try to start Blender from a command shell (CMD).
May you get error messages in the shell.
Second would be to start it with --factory-startup switch to exclude corrupted startup.blend or addons keep Blender to start.

Cheers, mib

We actually have batch files for that on windows , try either the blender_factory_startup.cmd or blender_debug_log.cmd batch files located in your blender folder.

2 Likes

If you have the Animation Nodes addon, try removing it or building it from latest source. Animation Nodes have been causing crashes on startup for couple of days. This was just fixed today.

Hi again,
Still having the same problem with latest build of Jun 9. The factory startup batch file works, so the error is caused by an add-on? There’s no Animation Nodes add-on so I guess I’ll have to test turning the ones I use on one by one then? I get this in the debug output:

Switching to fully guarded memory allocator.
Blender 2.80 (sub 74)
Build: 08/06/2019 17:01 Windows Release
argv[0] = blender
argv[1] = --debug
argv[2] = --python-expr
argv[3] = import bpy; bpy.ops.wm.sysinfo(filepath=r’C:\Users\olive\AppData\Local\Temp\blender\debug_logs\blender_system_info.txt’)
Read prefs: C:\Users\olive\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\config\userpref.blend
read file
Version 280 sub 39 date unknown hash unknown
found bundled python: C:\Program Files\blender-2.80.0-git.81b68f7279cd-windows64\2.80\python
Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Address : 0x00007FF682A68940
Module : C:\Program Files\blender-2.80.0-git.81b68f7279cd-windows64\blender.exe

Were you ever able to resolve this or pin down the problem? Thanks.

Been using this for months, today i suddenly get this after a restart?!

EDIT
took me 2 restarts on the system to get it working again.