Blender crashes when exporting large amounts of high poly models and 4K textures as GLTF. What is causing Blender to crash?

Hi there, I’ve been experiencing an issue while exporting large amounts of high quality .gltf/.glb files. I’ve posted a much more detailed explanation here on the Blender StackExchange: python - Blender crashes when exporting large amounts of high poly models and 4K textures as GLTF. What is causing Blender to crash? - Blender Stack Exchange

In short, my script exports thousands of .gltf models. During this process, Blender appears to not clear out the export cache and as a result the RAM/VRAM of the system overflows as the script exports more and more .gltf files. This results in Blender crashing. The above post also contains the crash.txt file from these events.

I feel like this is a bug, because the memory usage only clears when Blender crashes or is quite. This behavior is also not present when running the same script with .obj or .fbx files. I guess my question is how do I reset the .gltf/.glb export cache so that it doesn’t overflow my systems memory?

System Specs:

• GPU: RTX 3080 ti + GeForce GTX 1660
  • RAM: 4x16GB = 64Gb
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.60GHz
  • Windows 10 Home, 21H2

Best to file a bug on developer.blender.org with a reproducible test case, tracking bugs on the forum is a sure way for things to fall through the cracks

Oh yeah? Ok thank you @LazyDodo I’ll post there instead