Blender Chat Migration

Thanks, I know. There are plenty of themes available there. I can live with whatever dark theme there is. But it would “feel” a lot more consistent if there was a 100% matching one.

BTW: I would prefer a neutral dark grey theme instead of a slight blue tinted one anyway. But that’s another topic.

PS.: Blender’s default UI “Blender Dark” by @pablovazquez is perfectly neutral grey and I love it! Grey can be such a beautiful and inspirational color :wink:

1 Like

It seems to work seamlessly for me. The subscribed channels were automagically added to my interface, pretty cool. Matrix is only going to get better, I think this is generally a good bet.

:joy:

Anyone experiencing such cramped UI on mobile devices ?
Seems like the sidebars won’t collapse leaving little room for the thread.

You can use one of the mobile client apps (Matrix.org - Clients).

1 Like

Hi all,

A quick message to confirm that we consider the migration complete. Special thanks to @bartvdbraak for working hard on this, and to everyone else who helped with the transition.

All channels (and their members) have been migrated, with a couple of exceptions. The “general” channel has been migrated, but its users have not. The “support” channel has not been migrated.

Both channels had a very high number of inactive users, and very low/scattered activity. We keep the “general” channel, and people are free to join to discuss general topics. When it comes to user support, we should advertise the support page on blender.org instead.

6 Likes

The current theme selection comes directly from aaronraimist/element-themes.

Maybe someone will create a PR with the “Blender Dark” colorset at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell the browser to show the desktop version of the site…

I created a FAQ where I’ve compiled all questions that I received regarding the chat with their answers from the past few weeks:

2 Likes