A&R: Introduce Yourself

Good to see you here too @thedaemon :slight_smile:

Hi!
I am a self-taught game animator and rigger who has been working for 6 years, often using 3dsmax and occasionally maya, spine2d and other animation tools according to my work. I also often create animation tools and rigging tools for my own workflow and that of my colleagues.
I spent some time learning to convert to blender to work on it.but there were a lot of limitations that kept me from going further.
I am an animator interested in tools and technology, and, more than powerful features, I personally in the work and development process, pay more attention to the ease of use of tools, and the correlation between the tool chain.
Maybe I can from such a perspective, I encountered my own problems, organized into a useful advice.
However, my English is not good and I have to use a translation tool to communicate.Translation software is still quite good ha ; )

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Maciek. I’m a game designer/developer with 19 years of experience from AAA to indie (I worked on The Witcher 1,2, and 3 as lead gameplay designer / lead combat designer). I have used Blender since 2009 daily. I often edit and create animations for games and have a lot of experience editing mocap data. I would love to help with testing new functionalities and providing feedback for animation and rigging from an active game dev perspective. Thanks for doing an awesome job guys!

Welcome @690089735 and @miecz !

We have module meetings that are open for anyone who’s interested, they are announced here on devtalk, on #animation-module, and the dates are also available at Animation & Rigging Module Meeting agenda | dr. Sybren

Hey there,

I’ve a design background and developed ar motion tracking tools to transfer detected motions to blender.
The plans for the future of the character animation are really interesting and I’d like to get involved.
Most of my development experience is in Python and C# (I’ve been developing for about 3 years).
I also have some C/C++ experience and I’d like to dive in the source - any suggestion for a good first issue?
And I’d also like to join module meetings… :slight_smile:

Best regards, Denys

Hi @cgtinker !

It was nice to see you in the meeting :slight_smile: The best way to get your feet wet is to join the #animation-module chat channel, and check out the list of bugs to see if there’s something that you feel like fixing.

1 Like