Next online meeting is on Monday, 7 October 10:00 CEST / 8:00 UTC. It will be on #blender-coders on blender.chat. (details)
2.81 Tasks and Work
- The stabilizing branch
blender-v2.81-release will be created on October 10th in blender.git and add-ons repositories. An email with details on committing and merging for this branch will be sent to bf-committers. (Nathan Letwory)
- Remaining tasks and bugs are on the Blender 2.81 workboard.
- The manual still needs attention, developers are asked to document new features they worked on if they are still missing.
- There is now a system to display a one-time warning to users when their graphics card is unsupported or drivers need to be updated. Soon we’ll start displaying warnings like this, when the list of graphics cards is completed. Help is needed with completing supported GPU/driver list for task T70520. (Jeroen Bakker)
- Help is needed to review the local collections patch D5992. (Dalai Felinto)
- A patch for code signing on buildbots will be posted soon. (Nathan Letwory)
2.82 and Beyond
- Brecht Van Lommel asks developers to help/take over reviews of bigger projects like mantaflow, LANPR, particle nodes, texture painting. For 2.81 most of the review work was done by Campbell Barton and Brecht Van Lommel, but this can be divided better.
- LANPR will be taken over by Sebastian Parborg.
- Module owners/developers please step up and comment in the relevant code reviews when you plan to help.
blender-v2.81-release is created the
master branch is again open for new work.
- Note that priority for code work is on bug fixing for 2.81.
New Features and Changes
Sculpt & Paint
- Multires sculpting now supports the new 3D cursor, mesh filter, mask filter and dirty mask. (Brecht Van Lommel, Sergey Sharybin)
- Fine tuning of various brushes and sculpt features. (Pablo Dobarro)
- Texture painting: revamped undo system for images, resolving various bugs. (Campbell Barton)
- Paint and sculpt cursor redesign. (Harley Acheson, William Reynish)
- File browser: the dialog now display always on top of other Blender Windows. (Julian Eisel)
- File browser: remember display options across Blender sessions. (Julian Eisel)
- Dopesheet and sequencer editors: move all selected items when clicking and dragging on a selected item. (Julian Eisel)
- Shader editor: the material slots popover now has buttons to assign materials in edit mode. (Hans Goudey)
- Image editor: new Resize operator. (Campbell Barton)
- Image and clip editor: new Center View to Cursor operators. (Alessio Monti di Sopra)
- Clip editor: plane track corners can now be easily dragged with left mouse button. (Sebastian Koenig)
- Preference to set the default smoothing mode for f-curve auto handles. (Alexander Gavrilov)
- Preference to use OS-key instead of alt-key for middle mouse button emulation. Supported only on Linux and macOS. (Campbell Barton)
- Python API: new functions and properties for editing cursor and selection in
Text data-blocks. (Kai Jægersen)
Weekly Progress Reports