Notes for meeting of Monday, 4 November 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC on #blender-coders on blender.chat . (details )
- At beginning of meeting still 15 issues on the bcon3:bugs track of the workboard for 2.81. With release coming in closer developers are asked to pay attention to it.
- Nathan Letwory aired the idea to maybe bump the release date a week, but will be discussing this with Dalai Felinto still and write the bf-committers list about it.
- Module owners specifically are asked to check if the current items on the bugs track are absolutely necessary for 2.81.
- Philipp Oeser checks if Dynamic Paint issue T62882 can be postponed.
- With the main focus being on 2.81 release there were no items raised during the dev meeting.
New Features and Changes
- Keymap: Use Ctrl-F2 for batch rename (Campbell Barton).
- UI: Add icon for drawing space key (Campbell Barton).
- UI: Add old hotkeys to set start and end in timeline to the Blender 27x keymap (Philipp Oeser).
- UV Editor: Add missing options to proportional editing falloff in uv editor (Germano Cavalcante).
- UI: Toggle between play and pause icons in preview rendering (Philipp Oeser).
- Cycles: Get OptiX devices (Brecht Van Lommel).
- GPencil: Show selection in Stroke Mode for single points (Antonio Vazquez).
- Paint: Option to disable antialiasing (Pablo Dobarro).
- VSE: Show Seconds available in View menu (Campbell Barton).
- UI: Hovering over UI elements now more consistent and further reaching (Harley Acheson).
- Keymap: Maps bundled with Blender can no longer be deleted by the user (Sebastion Parborg).
- VSE: Use all selected strips for Select Side operator (Alessio Monti di Sopra, Campbell Barton).
- VSE: Set frame range added to Strips operator (Alessio Monti di Sopra, Richard Antalik).
- Solidify Modifier: support non-manifold input (Henrik Dick, Campbell Barton).