Notes for meeting of Monday, 30 November 2020. 11:00 CET / UTC 10:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Rendering meeting notes
- User Interface meeting notes
- Code quality day this Friday.
- Geometry Nodes plans to be merged to master today (Monday).
- Tuesday Talk
- Aaron Carlisle needs help to move forward with his Weblate proposal.
- James Monteath is reviewing other docs process. He will include this in his agenda to review the proposal and come up with a plan of attack.
- Released on 25 November 2020 (congratulations everyone).
- There are still plenty of tasks in the board tagged as 2.91.
- New placeholder task for potential candidates for corrective releases
- There were a few incidents logged during the 2.91 life cycle:
New Features and Changes
- Animation: improved Euler filter implementation, working on the entire rotation rather than individual XYZ channels (commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Fluid (commit) (Sebastián Barschkis)
- Improved particle sampling to ensure bakes consistently give the same result
- Support caching sparse grids to disk for smoke, to save disk space and improve performance
- Booleans: various performance improvements (commit) (commit) (commit) (Howard Trickey)
- User Interface: