3 January 2022
Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Blender 3.1 release schedule: Move to Bcon2 postponed to Wednesday, 5th January.
- Support virtual UDIM filenames (commit) (Jesse Yurkovich)
- Accumulate Field Node (commit) (Johnny Matthews)
- Optimize point cloud bounding box calculation (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Support instances in the delete geometry node (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Slightly decrease overhead for constant fields (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Link-drag search improvements:
- Add Compare node operations to the search menu (commit) (Charlie Jolly)
- Add Math and Vector Math node operations to the search menu (commit) (Charlie Jolly)
- Weight drag link search for Math nodes by float or vector types (commit) (Charlie Jolly)
- Support linking to existing group inputs (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Add support for a much faster GPU subdivision evaluator (commit) (Kévin Dietrich)
- Accept format argument for color texture in
gpu.types.GPUOffScreen(commit) (Iyad Ahmed)