Notes for meeting of 26 August 2019.
- Release date for 2.81 is currently set to 14 November 2019
- Cut-off date (major changes and features in by) 13 September 2019
- Stabilizing branch creation 1 October 2019
- master branch will be open from then on, i.o.w. no freeze while 2.81 is being stabilized
New Features and Changes
- Transform: new snapping options to snap to the center of edges, and perpendicular to edges. (Germano Cavalcante)
- Transform: new option to transform object origins in object mode, found in the pivot popover. (Campbell Barton)
- Viewport: side views now show the grid units again in the top left corner. (Germano Cavalcante)
- Outliner: range select with shift+click now also supports extending the selection with ctrl+shift+click. (Nathan Craddock)
- Grease Pencil: improved reproject operator, that does not suffer from stairstepping artifacts. (Lukas W, Antonio Vazquez)
- New shaders for Cycles and Eevee. (Omar Ahmad)
- Volume Info node, for convenient access to Color, Density, Flame, and Temperature attributes of smoke domains.
- White Noise node, producing a random number based on input values.
- Vector Math node: new operations, and show number of inputs depending on the operation.
- Object Info node now has the object color.
- User Interface: improved layout and text for save/close dialog. (Harley Acheson, Yevgeny Makarov)
- Python API: support for displaying node sockets with square and diamond shapes, using the new
NodeSocket.display_shapeproperty. (Charlie Jolly)
Projects Under Development
- Quadriflow integration, cloth patches (Sebastian Paborg)
- Cycles patch review continued (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Phabricator workflow improvement patches. (Nathan Letwory)