Notes for meeting of Monday, 25 May 2020. 18:00 CEST / UTC 16:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- The bug sprint fortnight is over, with 232 fix commits (over 128 from the previous 2 weeks).
- bcon4 on Wednesday, May 27th.
- There are still 8 bugs tagged as 2.83 (5 high priority).
- Pablo Vazquez reminds developers to fill in their release notes. Some features are missing examples and link to commit (e.g., Cycles and UI).
- The viewport “edit-mode” cursor change was reverted.
- It can be revisited for 2.90 with a more comprehensive big picture.
- Besides tools, Dalai Felinto suggests that status bar, and modifiers designs also to be cleared up for 2.90.
- Julian Eisel suggests wrapping up the 2.8 open tasks as the main goal for the UI team during the 2.90 release series.
- Dalai Felinto suggests wrapping up the 2.8 project by moving/writing the latest design docs to the development wiki.
Google Summer of Code
- “Regression Testing Frameworks” project started, but it will resume only next week.
- Dalai Felinto renamed “Quick Hacks” into “Good First Issue”.
New Features and Changes
- No major changes due to bug fixing sprint.