New Features and Changes
About 115 bugs were fixed last week.
- Renaming selected objects in the 3D viewport and items in other editors can now be done quickly with the F2 key shortcut. The file context menu for quickly doing operations like link/append moved to F4. (Campbell Barton)
- New copy/paste functionality for any data-block in the outliner, to copy them between .blend files or duplicate them. (Bastien Montagne)
- The shader editor got a material slot selector in the header, so materials can be edited completely without the properties editor. (Hans Goudey)
- Sculpt and painting brush settings have been reorganized, along with many other small naming and layout tweaks in the interface. (William Reynish)
- Modifiers: add minimum number of vertices to triangulate modifier. (Ish Bosamiya)
- Cycles now has an operator to merge images rendered with different sample range. This
cycles.merge_imagesoperator is intended for render farm scripts, and uses specific rules to combine passes and metadata to works well for Cycles. (Brecht Van Lommel)
- clang-format support is getting closer to finished. There is now documentation and a script to merge/rebase branches. We mainly still need better Windows support and some decisions on code style.