- We have about two more weeks of bug fixing before we do the release candidate.
- The user manual is mostly updated for 2.80 now, with the few remaining chapters to be done in the coming weeks before the release.
- We plan to update OpenSubdiv to 3.4 before the release still, to fix some important bugs.
- New committers were added for the add-ons repository: Cédric Brandin and Shrinivas Kulkarni.
- There is a blog post on the status of the sculpt mode features branch, and how and when to merge it.
- The first evaluations for Summer of Code have to be done this week, by Friday, June 28th 18:00 UTC.
New Features and Changes
The focus continues to be on bug fixing, with about 95 bugs fixed last week.
- Sequencer sidebar panels were reorganized since they were still unclear. (William Reynish, Peter Fog)
- Deselect all and invert selection now work in the file browser. (Campbell Barton)
- macOS bundling was updated in preparation for the release, where there will be a single Blender.app to install, that is code signed and notarized. (Arto Kitula, Brecht Van Lommel)