Meeting notes for developer meeting in #blender-coders on blender.chat. September 23, 2019. 10:00 CEST (08:00 UTC).
Road to 2.81
Continued work on improving and stabilizing until October 10th.
- Triaging playbook has been helpful already for some cases. Users who want to know how to report bugs can look up the process explained in this video
- Rigify has had a rather large rewrite, so Alexander Gavrilov hopes for intensified testing by users
New Features and Changes
Only smaller changes this week as we shift our focus to polishing new features and stabilizing. About 90 bugs were fixed last week.
- Eevee and viewport optimization for drawing many objects and instances, by batching draw calls. (Clément Foucault)
- File Browser: preference to open in new window or fullscreen, and various user interface tweaks. (Julian Eisel)
- Render: the render display choice is now a preference, rather than a scene settings. (Julian Eisel)
- Sequencer: new operators to easily create f-curves to fade video and auto strips in and out. (Nathan Lovato)
- Pose brush now draws an origin preview. (Pablo Dobarro)
- Split brush settings for original normal and plane. (Pablo Dobarro)
- Icons for the new sculpting tools. (William Reynish)
- Python API:
Quaternion.to_swing_twistto decompose a rotation into swing and twist components. (Alexander Gavrilov)
ImBuf.filepathto access the file path of an image buffer. (Colin Basnett)
Projects under development
Current timeline for 2.82 can be viewed on the milestone project page
- Mantaflow is being worked on with 2.82 in mind (Sebastián Barschkis, Bastien Montagne)
- Pablo Dobarro wants an initial design for multilayer/channel painting. He will create a design task for that