Notes for meeting of Monday, 23 December 2019. 18:00 CET / UTC 17:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- The Tracker Curfew has officially start.
- developer.blender.org had a few changes announced as part of the curfew.
- James Fulop (Yam) first contributed a patch in 2017, and wants to be involved again, a new patch sent yesterday for review - welcome.
- Nathan Letwory will be around for anything on development coordination / onboarding. Please remember to tag him directly (@jesterKing) on blender.chat if you need to talk to him.
- Ton Roosendaal and Sergey Sharybin will still be around as well, for anything else.
Changes / New Features
- A new system for smoke and fluid simulations - Mantaflow (Sebastián Barschkis)
- Initial support for UDIM images (Lukas Stockner)
- Added option to playblast only keyframes of selected objects (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Clarified tooltip for Viewport Render Animation (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- De-duplicate mask context menu (Campbell Barton)
- Tweaks to the brush Stroke panel (William Reynish)
- Brush Settings overhaul (William Reynish)
- Remove orphan datablocks directly from File->Clean Up menu (Antonio Vazquez)
- Use DPI scale for transform cursors (Campbell Barton)
- Prevent crash when opening file browser with mouse not in window (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Hide dopesheet slider options for Annotations (Antonio Vazquez)
- Object: ‘Affect Only Origins’ support for ‘Clear Transform’ (Campbell Barton)
- ID Management: Improve speed of code used when creating/renaming an ID. (Bastien Montagne)
- Workbench: Force Vertex Colors in Paint Mode (Jeroen Bakker)
- Sculpt: Use more saturated colors in the cursor (Pablo Dobarro)
- Industry Compat keymap: Add support for the context menu PC keyboard key (William Reynish)