Notes for meeting of Monday, 21 September 2020. 11:00 CEST / UTC 9:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
2.90.1 planned for Wednesday September 23, 2020.
- The fixes are already ported.
- For any showstopper contact Jeroen Bakker directly on #blender-coders .
- USD NVidia kick-off meeting
- ASAN is now supported for macOS developers
- Tuesday Talks - modules to pre-fill this week’s upcoming notes.
New Features and Changes
- Properties Editor (notes) (video ) (Hans Goudey)
- Search through properties in the properties editor, automatically expanding and collapsing panels. Ctrl-F starts a search, and alt-F clears the search field.
- Outliner (notes) (video ) (Nathan Craddock)
- Object collections now have a color tag, set from the right-click menu.
- Drag & drop for modifiers, constraints and grease pencil effects.
- NLA Editor (Wayde Moss)
- Always show all strips, also in tweak mode. (commit)
- Sculpt (Pablo Dobarro)
- Curves (Hans Goudey)
- Unify all XYZ symmetry options across modes. (commit) (Pablo Dobarro)
- Select face loops when in face-select mode (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- 3D Viewport (Pablo Dobarro)
- Fluid simulation (Sriharsha Kotcharlakot)
- Add various visualization options. (commit)
- Eevee (Clément Foucault)
- GGX multi-scatter distribution for glossy reflections, improving energy conservation.(commit)
- Grease Pencil (Antonio Vazquez)
- Add holdout materials (commit)
- Shaders (Alex Strand)
- Add emission strength input to Principled BSDF node (commit)
- Constraints (Chris Clyne)
- Action Constraint: Add manual time factor input control (commit)
- Overrides (Bastien Montagne)
- Support inserting items in collections created by Python add-ons. (commit)