2024-08-01 Animation & Rigging module meeting

The meeting will be on 2024-08-01T16:00:00Z. It is open for everybody interested to join the video call (link below).

People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.

Present: Bassam Kurdali, Christoph Lendenfeld, David W, Eduardo Rubio, Jon Matthis, Pierrick Picaut, Nacho de Andrés, Nate Rupsis, Nathan Vegdahl

Links

Landed

Names are from the Git log. This list is limited to functional improvements & bugfixes.

Blender

Ongoing Work

Misc

• Nacho: in the new system are we going to allow addons to easily detect if an object is in an action, so that you can quickly see what actions contain animation for that object.
    • Nathan: just like old-style actions, new-style layered actions don’t have a concept of animation being for a specific object. In other words, objects aren’t “in” an action, instead actions contain animation data that any object can use. So in a literal sense, we can’t provide that functionality for addons, no. However, in practice each slot of an action usually will be for a specific object (or other datablock), and they’re named after those objects by default. So you should be able to loop through the slots of an action to see if there’s animation data for a particular object based on slot names, etc.
  • Nacho: in the current version of Blender, there’s no way to switch the color mode (e.g. XYZ to RGB) of multiple fcurves at once. Holding alt doesn’t work.
    • Nathan: that’s goofy. We should make that work.
    • Christoph: I’ll put it on my todo.
  • Pierrick: rendering of the interpolation between keys in the dopesheet/action editor doesn’t work.
    • Christoph: on my radar, will fix.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 2024-08-08T16:00:00Z. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be updated before the meeting.

4 Likes