• Iliya Katushenock
  • Nika Kutsniashvili
  • Daniel Bystedt

Agenda:

• Current Projects - Status
    • Howard : thought about next steps on faster boolean, but no real coding
    • Campbell: nothing to report
  • SLIM
    • Campell and Howard have compiled it, tested it, and looked a little at the code
    • Campbell sees a bunch of things that could use polishing in terms of code
    • While testing with Suzanne, found that it changed shapes while working - need to define what is and isn’t a bug. Live unwrap seems a little different from other unwrap?
    • Howard and Campbell should continue to make code style change requests
  • Quad Remesher (quadwild)
    • The organic features optional solver needs gorobi, a commercial solver. This won’t work for Blender
    • It is possible that a big project to rewrite using ceres (which Blender already has) could work, but that’s a bigger project
    • Campbell says: look at quadwild with bimdf : avoids gorobi solver. GitHub - cgg-bern/quadwild-bimdf: QuadWild extended with BiMDF solver
  • Daniel topic:
    • we have geometry nodes and ability to combine things to make nodes
    • would be great, while in that mode, be able to draw curves for hair, etc.
    • in workshop for node tools, there was on the whiteboard this use case: using curve drawing. But model tools need to be executed for that.
    • Nika: wonders how/if nodetools can be used for brushes
    • Daniel demonstrates drawing in 3d view to control hair; would like this while e.g. extruding while a node is active
    • key point: need to get curve that is drawn from start of mouse push to release
  • Nika topic:
    • extra objects / presets / extensions. There’s a PR for extra mesh objects that should be looked at
  • Campbell: expects to be able to work on some modeling tools as extension stuff winds down
  • Next meetings: should keep meeting link content. Next meeting will be 3 weeks out at today’s time, because of Howard vacation in 2 weeks

Next Meeting:
2024-08-05T12:00:00Z
Meeting Link

17 Likes

Hi! May I ask what’s the PR for this? Thanks!

I see there’s Google Meet links for these. I’d like to know if there’s a Google calendar I could subscribe to for these meetings (not necessarily just modeling, others too)? That way I could see when they’re coming up in my own calendar.