2024-05-30 Triaging module meeting

Triaging Module Meeting

Biweekly Triaging module meeting for planning and coordination.
Folks on the payroll should attend if possible, others are invited as well.
In these meetings, we can keep us up-to-date on everything triaging, discuss recent important issues and see if we can bring the module forward.
I believe it is also good to see human faces once in a while :), so there is always room for some personal stuff if appropriate.

The meeting will be on 2024-05-30T12:00:00Z. It is open for everybody interested to join the video call (link below).




Meeting Notes

  • Quality Project

    • If there is a field that frequently recieves bug reports that triagers know about, we should let modules know about these to help give a pointer on where to focus in the Quality Project.
    • More information about what information the triaging module can provide will be gathered in a meeting tomorrow.
  • Followups from last meeting

    • Improve upon issues with unavailable hardware
      • Admins would prefer we contact hardware manufacturers to get access to specific hardware.
      • Triaging module should create a list of hardware specific issues we can’t reproduce to assist with these requests for hardware.
    • Feedback regarding our triaging infrastructure
      • Alaska will continue working on their pull requests to improve the tools and information surrounding bug reporting. Others will review it when they have the time.
      • Bart (devops) might be the person to reach out to wrt. gitea custom dev (maybe invite him to next meeting?)
    • Proposal to add labels
      • Before progressing, we need feedback from developers.
      • Adding more labels could make the label system harder to navigate.
        • We could request adjustments to the Gitea UI to improve this (E.g. Grouping labels together in sub-menus in the label picking UI).
    • Discussion how to handle floating point precision issues #60 - Bug Reports: Floating point precision bug handling - blender-developer-docs - Blender Projects
      • Iliya will re-work their pull request to better incorporate the opinions of different modules/developers.

Following meeting

The following meeting will be on 2024-06-13T12:00:00Z. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested.